Saturday, January 5, 2013

Second Best is Really the Best

What's the best painting in the world?  The Mona Lisa?  Why?  Cause everyone else says so?  I like Vermeer's Girl With The Pearl Earring.  I heard it was called the Mona Lisa of the North.  But in my opinion, it's better than the Mona Lisa simply because it's less famous than the Mona Lisa.  I don't want to like the same thing everyone else likes.

Same thing with intellectuals.  Is Albert Einstein my favorite intellectual?  Heck no.  I never even studied physics.  I'm more interested in his good friend Kurt Godel.

So I guess I'm interested in quality without hype.  Sometimes I like guys who have hype behind them, like Brock Lesnar back in his WWF days, but most of the time I look for the guy who isn't number one, but is pretty much just as good.  I feel like I've done more research when I like something that's not number one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment