Thursday, January 24, 2013

Can God be inspired?

I wonder about our celebrity culture, and why people want to be famous.  I think in ancient China not too many people desired that accomplishment.  Perhaps the reason people want to be famous is they want to be a part of someone else's life in a way that makes them feel important.  They want to be an influence on the lives of as many others as possible.  But is this even necessary?  Why can't we be comfortable in obscurity?  Why do we need to be an influence on others?  Why do we always feel we need to leave something behind when we die?

I think it's because we forgot that we can be an influence on God.  That Roman soldier impressed Jesus with his faith, so I think we can inspire God, even though he's omnipotent and almighty.  I think he might have created us to be inspired by us.  So if only he knows of our existence, and the rest of everything we ever were on this earth vanishes without a trace, we can still know we were important, because our lives actually inspired the most important being of all.

Maybe we should forget this foolishness about achieving greatness, and just go along with the flow as best we can.  I understand having ambition, because there are things I want to do that I think would be great, but my gosh, why do we sell our souls for fame?  Why should we trash God's law just so people know who we are?  I'm speaking mostly of Kim Kardashian here.  Remember how she staged a sham marriage just so people would talk about her, and she'd get extra money to buy junk no one ever needs?  Nothing like breaking a life-long vow for something so petty.

No comments:

Post a Comment