Thursday, January 3, 2013

Idea Generation

Some men want money.  Some men want power.  Some men want ideas.  Ideas have a wonderful attractiveness about them.  And I'm glad the internet allows us to post ideas for others to see.  For years I've been trying to promote the ideas of G-rated Shock Value on youtube, and I just haven't had much luck.  I haven't had the ability to match the medium used with the ideas generated, so I have not been able to communicate my ideas effectively.  Blogs are a lot easier to make than videos, and easier to publish than books, so perhaps I can work on expressing my ideas through this form of public diary. 

I like many R-rated things and I like many G-rated things.  I just think that there are too many R-rated things right now, so I'm trying to create a new path for G-ratedness.  I watch a lot of pro-wrestling, and when that show wants to draw attention to a wrestler, they turn him from a good guy to a bad guy.  So I thought, heck, I can do the same with the G-rating.  I can turn G-rated stuff from being good to being bad.  As long as I keep the bad stuff G-rated, it doesn't violate its identity.  And believe me, there's more room for G-rated stuff to be bad than you'd think.

The first thing I got to do is think of a better name for G-rated Shock Value.  I think the best I've come up with so far is clean mental poison.  I'm open for suggestions to other names, as I try in my own anonymous way to make G-rated stuff more controversial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment