Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Given Too Much

I think I first learned in college that you will always be asked to do more than you're able or expected to do.  I remember one class where I was given an insane amount of reading material.  Of course I didn't read it all.  I couldn't.  It was impossible.  But I still made an A in the class.  Obviously I wasn't expected to read all that stuff.  And the same thing happened in other college classes I had.  Then when I began working in an office, I felt the same experience.  So it's just an ugly fact of the world that you will always be given more than you're expected to do.  And I think in the same way the government is giving you more taxes than you're able to pay, to keep you in debt and at their mercy.  It's how they milk you dry.  So I guess I'm glad I first learned the lesson in college, even though to this day that lesson still depresses me.  I wish I was expected to do things within my capabilities, so I wouldn't feel so tired from the pressures of the world.  I'm not suicidal or homicidal or anything.  Just mildly frustrated that what should be isn't what is.  As long as I get to keep working for my bread, and I get a fair amount of time off, and I get to keep my house, frustrating situations are tolerable.  Cats and books bring me relaxation.  Thank God for them.  And for my family too, which is sometimes relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment