Let's face it. Fornication prior to marriage, or even as a substitute for marriage, is something most of us in this day and age have been guilty of at some point - even myself for a short time. It has become extremely tolerated in the western world, and as a result I believe the church has softened its approach with it. Especially because it's a fairly easy sin to keep hidden, despite how prevalent it is.
Too bad other things are easier for churches to attack because they are much less prevalent and aren't quite so easy to hide. I don't know of too many churches that openly say fornication is okay, but they sure don't go out of their way to condemn it either when other stuff is available to condemn. Is it because too many church members would be offended that a sin they're much more likely to be committing is being called out? Is it easier to simply pick on sins that they have no possibility of engaging in? If that's the case, I can't imagine God being pleased with that.
I doubt that God is okay with rampant and uncommitted sleeping around, regardless of one's orientation. As far as I know he has never been okay with it, and has always favored lifetime commitment in intimate relationships.
No comments:
Post a Comment