Tuesday, September 15, 2026

The Elephant in the Room - At Least With Modern-Day Christianity

Fornication.  Very prevalent.  Hardly ever mentioned.  How much is homosexuality mentioned in the Bible?  Maybe about five times?  Adultery and fornication are mentioned more.  Much, much more.  But fornication has become extremely tolerated in the western world, and as a result I believe the church has softened its approach with it.  Especially because it's a fairly easy sin to keep hidden, despite how prevalent it is.  Too bad other things are easier to attack because they are much less prevalent and aren't quite so easy to hide.  I don't know of too many churches that openly say fornication is okay, but they sure don't go out of their way to condemn it either when other stuff is available to condemn.

However, despite common cultural acceptance, I doubt that God is okay with rampant sleeping around.  As far as I know he has never been okay with it, and has always favored commitment in intimate relationships.  

No comments:

Post a Comment