Monday, September 21, 2026

Anti-Villain Example In the Anti-Hero Age

One of my favorite YouTube channels now is citytutoringmath.  I like it because it's an interesting combination of mathematics and Biblical doctrine - two things I've always enjoyed and don't often see put together in one place.

Now many years ago, intellectual pursuit and Christian devotion were seen as positive things.  This was before the current age of the anti-hero who rejects tradition and many honorable things that go along with it.  I guess it makes sense that when destructive activity is heralded that constructive activity would be shunned.  That's how it was in the movie Danger Diabolik.  But the guy behind citytutoringmath does seem to fit a villainous persona as well, in that he speaks fairly aggressively and could care less about the feelings of his listeners and how sensitive they are to the less-pleasant aspects of his message.

So citytutoringmath gets my vote for one of the best anti-villains in the world today, and I kind of want to see more of his kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment