The people certainly believe in their respective causes, and sadly assume that their favored political leaders do as well. Democrats really think that republican politicians are dead set on cutting social services to lower taxes, and republicans think democrat politicians really believe in advancing the gay marriage agenda. So democrats fight to keep the republicans from being elected and vice versa.
Well I've got news for you. Democrats... Hillary Clinton could care less about gay marriage and minimum wage. And republicans... Donald Trump could care less about border security and government regulation of businesses. Very few candidates up there give a flip about gun control, health care access, unemployment, social security, you name it. Most candidates by far either want constant fistfuls of money or their name in some dumb history book. They'd switch their opinions on issues in a heartbeat if it advanced their career.
So no matter how much you feel a candidate is saying the right things, you need to convince yourself that that candidate does not believe a word they say. And the higher the office they're running for, the more likely this is to be true. If there's anything these political party conventions should teach you, it should teach you that the political circus is all an act. More staged and more silly than professional wrestling ever could be. And we are ZERO threat to the power of politicians. You think they're worried about me posting this? Heck no. It's no threat to their power. It's very likely that they're not even the ones in power. They're just the actors, while the people with the real power are writing the script. Who these people are? I have no idea. That's why I'm no threat, and neither is anyone reading this.
So I advise people to live their lives with a nihilistic, apathetic approach to politics. The ONLY reason to take a political side at this point is for fun theoretical debates only. And a whole heck of a lot of people actually do enjoy that, which is probably why they get so involved. But if you're actually interested in making an impact in somebody's life besides a wealthy lawyer running for office, politics is no longer the way to do it.
This may sound like bad news, but it really isn't. Or it has the potential to not be. The people at the top hiding behind the political theater seem to be pretty smart, and know that they need to cut the people a break here and there. (Probably why Pandora is free, smart phones are readily available, and dollar fast food menus are prominent.) These hidden overlords know that most people are strong enough to live an entire life in perpetual debt caused by medical insurance and student loans and still not go crazy. Just as long as that debt isn't too strongly enforced, the system should remain stable, even though I personally am not pleased with it.
(12/5/20 - I wonder if I'm being too harsh suggesting career politicians really don't care about serving their constituents. They probably care more than I make it out to be in this statement here. Unfortunately, since they have a lot more responsibilities than most people, they tend to be accused of being incompetent or uncaring more often. That may not be the case because I do not think I could do a better job than they do. I blame most of our problems on too many people not following God, and nobody can force someone to truly believe God's ways are the right ways, regardless of how much political power they have.)
No comments:
Post a Comment